Friday, November 7, 2008

Photos that moved me

After posting the image of Obama and his family, I got to thinking about journalistic photos that moved me. So I went online to find the photos that I remember making a big impression on me. In some cases I couldn't find the exact photo, so I selected the closest image to it.

Here are some of them:


For some reason, I have always remembered this photo from Life magazine in 1958.


This isn't the exact photo of Baez and Dylan that I remember, but it looks like it might have been taken on the same day.


The Beatles' arrival in America marked the start of a new musical era.


A company that I worked for in the mid-sixties did a classified, frame-by-frame analysis of the Zapruder film. Those grisly images are unforgettable.


This photo still tugs at my heart.


Dr. King's face seemed full of fear on this march in Memphis a few days before his assasination in 1968.


More than any other, this photo turned me against the Vietnam War.


This photo left me broken-hearted.


By the end of Woodstock, flower-power was already wilting.


This photo still frightens me.


The triumph of power over hope.


I could never understand Nixon's gesture as he left the White House in disgrace.


This iconic image expressed the hope of all Red Sox fans.


A candid father and son photo that made a hero seem human to me.


This photo is frightening because you know what happened a few seconds later.

How about you? Use Google images to search for photos that moved you.

By the way, you can now leave comments. I accidentally disabled comments when I set up the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment