Tuesday, August 27, 2019

I am

I found this poem by my son, Brian, when I was looking through some of his old papers. I hear his voice when reading it.

I am

I am an odd person with a hairy face,
I wonder how deep is outer space,
I hear the sound of a dinosaur's cry,
I see pterodactyls in the sky,
I want to be in a happy place,
I am, an odd person with a hairy face.

I pretend that I am a superhero,
I feel I understand the number zero,
I touch the smiling face of a bumblebee,
I worry for the happiness of my family,
I cry for the sadness of the human race,
I am an odd person with a hairy face.

I understand that being sober takes some work,
I say I never want to be a jerk,
I dream to find that special one,
I try to be a better son,
I hope to see a smile on every face,
I am an odd person with a hairy face.

I am Brian Edward Johnson







No comments:

Post a Comment